Dreamcatcher Introductory Workshop
This 2 day workshop is intended for people who are interested in learning more about how animals can help people and what is involved in partnering with animals to do so. It is intended for mental health professionals, others in the helping and teaching professions and those curious about how animals accomplish their co-counselor role.
What Will the Workshop Involve?
- Advanced learning is provided prior to attendance at the workshop to become informed of the history of the relationship between humans and animals and the research to support the value of animals and nature for our well being.
- An introduction to working with a variety of species in a therapeutic context. Dreamcatcher animals include 9 species.
- Information and education about animal behavior and communication in the species of your choice.
- An understanding of what we require in our animals before we partner them with people in need.
- An overview of the ethics of working with animals in a therapeutic context.
- Demonstrations in how we work with animals the help a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds.
- An understanding of how your affect and deal with your personal world.
- Understanding the value of working with animals and nature for Functional Assessments and much more.
Upcoming Training Dates
Saturday Jun 1st - Sunday June 2nd, 2019
9:00am to 4:00/5:00 pm
For more information or to register please email firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS TRAINING IS RECOGNIZED AND APPROVED NATIONALLY BY THE CCPA. Participants will receive 36 Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s) for their attendance.
Space is very limited. Please complete the attached registration form. This training does not qualify anyone to be a “therapist.” Proper professional qualifications are necessary for anyone to practice any kind of “therapy.”
Canine-Assisted Support Seminar
Dreamcatcher is one of the leading organizations in Animal Assisted Therapy in Canada and is proud to provide training to the highest international standards. Along with our popular courses for Animal Assisted Wellness Practitioners and Animal Assisted Therapists, we have identified a need and will pilot a specialized course for people who wish to work with canines to support others in a variety of ways.
Training for Canine-Assisted Support Services
This course is designed especially for people who may be partnering, or wishing to partner, with canines to support people through casual visitation in times of non-acute stress, for those who may be working in therapy or therapeutic settings and for those who may be partnering with animals in school settings. People wanting to learn more about the detailed aspects of working with animals ethically to help people are also welcome.
You will learn:
- In-depth and vital information about canine language and behavior
- How to ethically engage your canine within your population of choice
- How to handle yourself and your animal professionally while working to provide canine-assisted services within your scope of practice.
Candidates must be 18 years of age to enroll in this program and be actively working with or currently supporting people.
There are two education options offered:
One Day Course
This course is designed for people who do not currently have a canine that they wish to partner with but would like education about what is involved in Canine-Assisted Support Services and how to ethically prepare themselves to do this work. $149.00 + GST
Two Day Course
A second day of this course is offered to those who already have a canine they wish to work with. Focus will be more on understanding canine communication and behaviour, and screening of the canine with expert advice provided about your canine’s likes/dislikes and developing recommendations for involving your canine in a canine-assisted support program ethically. Dogs must be 1 year or older to enter into this process. $298.00 + GST
Stay tuned for upcoming training dates, or e-mail us to stay on our contact list for upcoming education opportunities!