There are no current volunteering positions posted. We still encourage you to contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com, as there may be positions that have not yet been listed.
Psychologist / Clinical Social Worker
Registered Psychologist / Clinical Social Worker
Dreamcatcher™ Nature Assisted Therapy is a psychology private practice located on a ranch in Ardrossan, Alberta. Dreamcatcher’s population includes children and youth with neurodevelopmental challenges, multiple mental health diagnoses, trauma, addictions, emotional and behavioural concerns as well as people with a variety of disabilities. Dreamcatcher™ also provides services to adults with a range of life issues and people with complex needs.
Dreamcatcher™ therapists work in a natural setting with animals while conducting counselling and therapy sessions. Dreamcatcher™ is recruiting for a Registered Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker who is cross trained in Animal and Nature Assisted Therapy (AAT) and Equine Facilitated Counselling (EFC) methods. Experience in other mediums such as Talk, Art, Play, EMDR and Sand Tray therapies is an asset. The candidate will work on contract with the private practice starting with part-time hours with the intention of moving into a full-time contract position. A candidate willing to work evening or weekend hours is preferred and work hours can be flexible. Candidates must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree and be registered with their respective regulatory body. Social Workers must be on the Clinical Registry and Psychologists must be fully registered. Only those applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted for interviews. Dreamcatcher™ thanks all applicants.
Statement of Qualifications:
1. Registered Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker with a minimum of a Master’s degree.
2. Minimum of 2 years experience working with children and youth with complex needs consisting of multiple mental health diagnoses, cognitive disabilities, emotional/behavioral issues, addictions and/or trauma backgrounds.
3. Must have horse experience.
4. Must have a compassionate understanding and appreciation for animals of all species as well as for nature.
5. Must have a minimum of basic training in AAT and EFC or be willing to train.
6. Must be willing to work outdoors in all conditions if necessary, all seasons of the year.
7. Must be flexible in joining a growing team and be open to balancing a variety of tasks.
1. Being of Indigenous Descent is a strong asset.
2. Preference will be given to those applicants with horse experience.
3. Being approved providers for FNIHB is preferred.
4. Being skilled in Assessments is preferred.
Please apply to: Eileen Bona
53044 RR #213
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Fax #: (780) 809-1046